Thursday, July 15, 2010

Update

Wow, it's been a long time since I wrote on this thing. I forgot I even had a blog, Jessica had to remind me. I do love to read other blogs, and keep up with my big family that way.

I have been busy busy busy with quilts, and suddenly I had 2 new great grand kids all at once. On July 7th Lala and Carl became parents of twin daughters. That makes 46 great grand kids, I think.

On July 11th, grandpa had been gone for 7 years. I still think of things I'd like to tell him. But then I realize, he's not here. I wake up at night, and reach for him. I do! I'm half awake in a stupor, and I reach for him. Habits of 61 years are hard to break.

So far I've only taken 1 major trip this year. I went to Washington DC to spend the 4th of July holidays with Nancy, Chris, and the boys. Oh my gosh, how much they have grown in just 1 year! I went to visit Lala who was on bed rest in the hospital, and Nancy Sabina who is on bed rest at home. As hard as that is to do with 3 children, she is managing that quite well.

Jessica and the children have been with me all week this week. What a treat. The kids are going to bible school at a Reformed church. So they're learning lots of false doctrine. And they make a cross every day. So we spend time talking about the gospel on the way home.

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to see you while you were here, Grandma. I wish we had gotten to spend July with you like we had planned. But baby Samuel is doing great and it even looks like we might make it all the way to full-term with this pregnancy. What a blessing. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete